Your privacy is critically important to us.
Information We Collect:
When you interact with us through the Site, we may collect personal data and other information from you, as further described below:
- Personal Data That You Provide Through the Site: We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you contact us with inquiries, register an account with us or submit an application to us.
- Non-Identifiable Data: When you interact with VComply through the Site, we receive and store certain personally non-identifiable information. Such information cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. VComply may store such information itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by VComply affiliates, agents or service providers. We may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the characteristics of businesses that apply to or are accepted by VComply, and we may publish or otherwise disclose such aggregated information.
- Aggregated Personal Data: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Site, VComply may conduct research on the characteristics of such users, including but not limited to user demographics, interests and behavior based on the Personal Data and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis,and VComply may publish or otherwise disclose such aggregated information.This aggregate information does not identify you personally.
- On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. We recommend that you leave cookies turned on because they allow you to take advantage of some of the Site’s features.
Our Use of Your Personal Data and Other Information:
If you provide Personal Data in order to create a username and profile, we will use your Personal Data to provide you with access to such those components of the Site that require a username (including the VComply application), to administer your access to the Site (e.g., sending a replacement password to the email address you provided to us) and to monitor your use of the Site.
- If you provide Personal Data to attend an event, we will use your Personal Data to give you access to that event and track the attendees of the event.
Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data and Other Information:
In addition to the disclosures described above, there are certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Business Transfers: In the event of a sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
- Agents, Contractors and Other Third Parties: VComply, like many businesses, sometimes hires others to perform certain functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information and maintaining databases. When we employ or engage others to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function under appropriate confidentiality obligations.
- Legal Requirements: VComply may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of VComply or individuals associated with VComply, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
When you create a username for the Site, please also note that your username, how long ago you created your account and any information included in the “About” field in your profile will be viewable by only you or whom you give access to. Please note that we have no obligation to delete any of your data or activity or otherwise remove their association with your profile or username.
You can visit the Site without providing any Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to use certain components of the Site.
Links to Other Web Sites:
VComply takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Site from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from the Site may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to VComply via the Internet.
Other Terms and Conditions
Access to Information; Contacting VComply: