PCI DSS: PCI Security Standards
PCI DSS framework is a set of standards to keep customers’ data safe in the payment industry. Any company that manages cardholder information should comply with PCI security council standards. PCI DSS compliance specifies to meet the requirements published by the PCI Security Standards Council. Generally speaking, the standards provide the necessary measures for developing a complete payment card data security process that contains prevention, detection, and proper response to any breaches or incidents.The team needs to be trained on PCI standards and policies, maintain firewalls, use antivirus software, restrict access vulnerability scanning, password policies etc. Irrespective of the number and size of transactions, organizations should implement guidelines for accepting, storing, or processing credit card information.
PCI DSS Compliance with VComply
VComply provides customers with a repository of controls mapped to the PCI Framework requirements. Stakeholders can implement the controls and processes to align security efforts to meet PCI DSS Framework’s objectives. PCI implementation starts with a formal PCI risk assessment process to identify cardholders’ data threats and vulnerabilities. Create linked controls wherever you identify the gaps so that the risk mitigation becomes simple. With VComply, you can easily define ownership for adhering to the PCI DSS Compliance guidelines. Map your controls and streamline risk assessments, and easily collaborate on compliance obligations using VComply. Avoid redundant testing, and audits with a standard control framework!
- Integrated risk assessment for card holder’s data to identify the vulnerabilities
- Built-in templates and standard data with risk scenarios and controls
- Management of policies, documents, evidence, including their review and approval
Reduce PCI DSS Security Breaches
- Risk-based assignment of tasks by compliance officers and security officers to their teams, and tracks them to closure
- Automated e-mail triggers to update the owners when tasks are updated
- Reports that adhere to PCI Compliance requirements